Wednesday 3 February 2016

~ Fetching Charlotte Rose ~ by Amelia Smarts

I am so thrilled to have Amelia Smarts on my blog today sharing her brand new western! I haven't read this book yet but it's on my TBR list - I love the blurb and excerpt and of course I love the cover!

As soon as she steps off the train into the hot western sun, Charlotte Rose wonders if she has made a mistake. Leaving Boston to take a job as the schoolmarm of the small town of Weston, Arizona had seemed like a good idea, but the man sent to fetch her from the station almost changes her mind. The handsome but uncivilized brute who introduces himself as Max Harrison not only calls Charlotte by her first name, he even demands that she change her outfit.

Her humiliation is complete when, after ignoring his advice to put on something more suitable for the summer weather, she faints from the heat. To her utter shame, Charlotte is forced to endure being undressed down to her underthings to cool down, and worse still, Max warns her in no uncertain terms that any further foolishness will earn her a sound spanking on her bare bottom. Yet somehow, despite his threat to chastise her in such a barbaric fashion, Charlotte cannot deny that being in Max’s presence sets her heart fluttering like nothing ever has before.

Though she may be the feistiest woman he has ever laid eyes on, Max finds himself longing to see more of Charlotte—much more, in fact—and when he discovers that she feels the same way, he sets about courting her. But Weston is a very different place from Boston, and Max makes it clear to Charlotte that he will do whatever needs doing to keep his girl safe, even if that means taking her over his knee for a good, hard spanking as often as her behavior warrants it.

Charlotte’s love for Max grows deeper with each passing day, but she cannot help wondering if he sees her as nothing more than a silly girl in need of his constant protection, and matters come to a head when a violent, hateful man with a grudge against Max seeks to disrupt their lives. Will Charlotte’s pride be her undoing, or will she finally get the chance to prove herself to Max?



                                    

“How did it make you feel, keeping those big secrets from me?”

A tear slid down her face. “I felt lonely and scared.”

“If you’d told me, you wouldn’t have felt either. You would’ve had my full support and protection. Instead, your stubborn pride caused you to lie and carry the burden yourself. Worse, it allowed you to compromise your safety. What do you think I should do about that, as the man responsible for your safety?”

Charlotte looked down and stirred the eggs on her plate, her cheeks growing warm. She understood that he expected her to say he should punish her, and she felt embarrassed. She thought she would be spanked, but she didn’t think she’d have to be amenable to it. This was part of it, she realized. Max was forcing her to let go of some of her pride even before punishment.

“I suppose you should punish me,” she said with a giant sigh.

“I think I should too.” Max stood. He cupped Charlotte’s chin with his hand and tilted it up. He had a determined, set look on his face that was very stern. She recognized that expression. It was the same look he wore when he ordered her over his lap the last time. It made her feel calm, in a way. His resolve allowed her to obey without feeling the need to argue, since she knew it would be useless to do so anyway.

“This will be a real punishment, Charlotte, not a few smacks. I told you I wouldn’t be lenient if I had to spank you again for safety reasons, and I don’t intend to be. Finish your breakfast, then join me on the sofa.”




Also by Amelia Smarts

The Unbraiding of Anna Brown – Hardened widower awakens from grief when met by a sweet, headstrong young lady in need of some old-fashioned discipline.

Missy Meets the Marshal – A troubled woman in need of protection and discipline meets a tough marshal, whose job it is to provide both.

Author Bio

I’m an avid reader and writer of spanking romance novels, usually involving a cowboy, always involving a firm hand and a scorched ass. If you were to peek inside my Kindle, you’d find plenty of spanking romances as well as books by John Steinbeck, Margaret Atwood, Gillian Flynn, and other authors from disparate genres. What all of my favorite stories share are complex characters who draw me into their struggles and successes.

If you’d like to talk books with me, please connect via email, Facebook, and/or Twitter. Thanks for reading!

Email me:

Friend me:

Follow me:

Visit my blog:

Goodreads:

Amazon Author Profile:

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new release Amelia, love the sound of this and enjoyed the excerpt. Love that he wants to protect her :) Thank you both :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me, Kelly. I'm glad it sounds good, Roz. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete