Thursday 30 July 2015

Welcome to Stevie MacFarlane and "The Marriage Market Book One - Amelia"!

I'm so excited to have Stevie MacFarlane visiting me today to share Amelia! I've loved Stevie's writing forever. Long before I was an author myself I plucked up the courage to send her a fan email and when she replied I was so excited I nearly burst!

Connect with Stevie on Facebook, visit her Amazon Author Page or check out her website or follow her on Twitter: @steviemac1175


Something I've always wanted to ask Stevie is this: 
When did you first consider yourself a writer?  
Stevie:When I got my first royalty check.

Here is the blurb for Amelia
Grace Wentworth and Effie Lane were cautiously optimistic when their dear friend Amelia decided to travel west to become the bride of a man she'd never met. Despite their misgivings they were stunned when Amelia wrote informing them she'd made a dreadful mistake in marrying Mr. Jordon.
Determined to rescue her dear friend from the clutches of a scoundrel, Effie made plans to leave for Seattle immediately. Grace would follow when she could get away from the ever watchful eye of her mother. Everything changed when Grace was forced to accept the proposal of a cruel and violent man. Suddenly her mother's wrath could not compare with what she would face as Horace Remington’s wife. Throwing all caution aside, she fled with Effie even knowing her mother would most likely hire a Pinkerton man to find her. However, she never expected to fall for him as they played a game of cat and mouse from Chicago to Seattle.
For Jonah Blackthorn, apprehending a runaway socialite seemed like an easy assignment. Locating two young, inexperienced women would take him no time at all and the five thousand dollar reward offered by the frantic fiancé would go a long way as Jonah had plans to leave the agency to begin a new chapter in his life.
What he didn't plan on was being outwitted by the brats or the fact that Effie Lane wasn't relying on her wits alone to get them safely to Seattle. He also didn't expect to come to care for the redhead traveling with her gun-toting friend. When he finally caught up with them he was going to give Grace the spanking of a life time or kiss her senseless. Maybe both.

                            Displaying Amelia_500x755.jpg                         

And an excerpt:


"I'm sorry," she said with a somewhat indignant sniff, her shoulders stiff. "I didn't realize how serious you were."
"Yes, I can see that," Hugh sighed. At first he was only going to scold her, but her tone struck a chord that was strangely reminiscent of one he'd heard his mother take with his father a thousand times. While not exactly argumentative, it did have a bite of sarcasm. Clearly she was affronted and it bordered on disrespectful. It was a recipe for a marriage full of constant bickering and was not on his agenda, now or ever. He would not put up with having his authority constantly challenged. Releasing one arm he picked up her hairbrush and hefted it in his hand.
"I'm sorry you did not understand how serious I am about your well-being. I'm about to remedy that right now," he told her as he pulled her to the bed.
Amelia didn't resist. It wasn't until he sat down and pulled her over his knees with ridiculous ease that it dawned on her what his intentions were.
"You can't be serious, Mr. Jordon," she squeaked out, too stunned to struggle.
"Hugh," he reminded her as he gathered both of her wrists at the back of her waist. "Because we are not yet wed, I'm going to emphasize my feelings over your skirt. Once you become my wife, should this be necessary in the future, rest assured it will be on your bare bottom."
Amelia couldn't help it, she began to laugh.
The hand that held the hairbrush stopped in mid-air as soon as he heard it.
"Are you laughing?" he demanded incredulously.
"No, oh no," she replied before more snickers escaped.
Hugh's arm dropped to her back, still holding the brush.
"Would you mind telling me what's so all fired funny about this?" he asked, stunned.
Amelia laughed harder and turned to look at him over her shoulder.
"Mr. Jordon, I mean Hugh," she began, her eyes twinkling. "I am a young woman on my own for the first time. I've traveled thousands of miles, slipped away from my family and some very dear friends, all in my quest for adventure and independence. I clearly stated in my letter that I believed in the emancipation of women. I've known you approximately two hours, and in that time, I've made of fool of myself in front of hordes of strangers, made my prospective husband think I'm incapable of following the simplest instructions and am about to get spanked for the first time in my life. I find the absurdity of the situation remarkably amusing."

"Well let me see if I can take some of the amusement out of the situation for you," he growled, raising the brush and bringing it down smartly on her backside.

BUY AMELIA HERE:


1 comment:

  1. Love the sound of this Stevie and enjoyed the excerpt. I wonder how much longer she will be laughing. Thank you Kelly for hosting :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete