Tuesday 16 June 2015

P is for Pancakes!

Welcome to Summer Graystone who is visiting me today to promote her latest book Bailey's Little Adventure. This is an age play story which is actually part of the Little Haven Collection released last month. You can find more about that collection here on Summer's blog.



I'm taking part in the #SpankA2Z June Challenge
Today's letter is P for pancakes. That's right, pancakes. And what do pancakes have to do with spanking? Read on to find out ...


In this scene Bailey is making pancakes and I think this scene really expresses what happens when you are a middle and Daddy comes home and… well I think I should just show you!

“I don’t know what the big deal is.” I stood at the stove, spatula in hand, waiting to flip the pancakes. The first ones were always a bitch; they either burned or were raw in the middle. I was trying to perfect my technique when Ian had come barging in from the garage.

“The ‘big deal’ is I told you specifically not to take the car. But you took it anyway, didn’t you?”

“I took it because…” The pancakes were all bubbly on the top. Maybe I’d finally gotten it right this time. I slid the spatula under the edge of the first pancake, lifted…

“Bailey!”

The spatula jerked in my hand, smushing the pancake against the side of the pan.

“I’m talking to you. The least you could do is pay attention!”

“And I’m trying to make dinner!” The pancake was a gloppy mess, quickly welding itself to the pan. I grabbed a potholder and took the pan from the burner, scraping the ruined pancake into the sink.

“Pancakes are not dinner, Bailey. Pancakes are for breakfast.”

I turned around, pan in one hand, spatula in the other. “Pancakes are food. It doesn’t matter when you eat them.”

“You’re still not listening to me, Bailey.”

I set the pan on the burner, ladled up a scoop of batter and poured it in. It sizzled a little, then started to smoke. Shit, the pan was too hot. Maybe if I turned down the burner…

“Bailey! Would you at least pretend to pay attention?”

“It would really help if you’d stop yelling while I’m doing this, Ian.”

I could practically hear the echo of his name in the air. I dropped the spatula, covering my mouth with my hand. “Oh, my God. I’m sorry, daddy. Really. It’s…just…” I lost my voice in a hiccoughing sob. “It’s just been a really crappy day.”

He watched me from the other side of the island, eyes cold and hard. I’d crossed a line, a big line. Not a tiny line somebody could easily miss. I’d taken a big giant step across a wide black line.

“Bailey…you’re burning dinner.”

I looked down. The pancake was a burning disk in the pan. In anger I grabbed the handle of the pan, minus the potholder. It was hot, and it burned my hand. I flung it into the sink. It hit the metal with a clang, knocking over a drinking glass, shattering it into a thousand shiny shards.

“Damn it. Fuck.” I lunged for the faucet, dousing my hand in cold water.

“Bailey…” Ian was behind me. I wanted a hug, I wanted to be told it was okay, that burned pancakes and sneaking out didn’t matter. I wanted him to tell me he loved me. But the tone of his voice gave his emotions away. There was no love in it all, just the sound of his disapproval.

“Fuck it. Just leave me alone.” I pulled my hand out of the water, cramming my hurt fingers into my mouth. I tried to push past him, but he grabbed my arm.

“Let me go! Just ground me, send me to my room. Get it over with.”

“You were grounded, you had been sent to your room. But you took the car, and now you’re here, with a burned hand and no dinner. Doesn’t that tell you something? Doesn’t it tell you that maybe you should listen to me? That I know what’s right for you?” He pulled me close, and I stared up at him, practically panting in frustration.

“Not all the time…not this time. And you won’t even listen to me. I had a reason why…”

“I would have listened, if you’d act less like a spoiled brat. But you don’t, Bailey. You just don’t listen.”

I wanted to tell him it was all a mistake, that at the time taking the car seemed more important than doing what he’d said. But everything inside me was tangled, and wrapped up in all the wrong emotions. I didn’t want to argue or fight, but there didn’t seem to be any other words that came out of my mouth.

“You’re just mean, you know that? Just plain mean.” I jerked my arm out of his hand, spinning against the kitchen cabinets. Everything inside rattled and it was pretty much the way I felt inside.

“I hate you!”

I fled the kitchen, hitting the door to the garage at a run, pushing it hard enough for it to slam into the wall. My keys were in my jeans pocket and I stopped for a heartbeat to pull them out. Behind me I heard Ian’s fast step and it sent a sliver of adrenaline through me.

The car beeped as I hit the unlock button on the keyring. Jerking open the door, I fell more than climbed into the driver’s seat. 

Well! If you want to know what happens then you have to pick up a copy of the book right? Check out the full blurb below!

Displaying Bailey's Little Adventure.jpgEven though she is an adult with a full-time job, Bailey loves role-playing as daddy’s naughty little girl. Nothing is more fun than dressing like a teen and teasing her husband, who is always ready to punish her properly before pleasuring her more than she would have thought possible. When she discovers that he would like to tie her up so that she is completely vulnerable and at his mercy, she trusts him to keep her safe, even when he pushes her past her comfort zone.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                But Bailey’s perfectionism makes her insecure about their relationship, and when she makes a mistake that disappoints her daddy she panics and wonders if she could lose him forever. Can he prove to Bailey that even when things get really hard, he will always be there for his little girl with the love, guidance, and discipline she needs?                                                                                                                                                                           Publisher’s Note: Bailey’s Little Adventure contains spankings, sexual scenes, age play, elements of BDSM, and more. If such material offends you, please don’t buy this book. This book is also available as part of a five-book collection entitled Little Haven.BUY BAILEY'S LITTLE ADVENTURE HERECheck out the other participants in the June Challenge below: 












 












3 comments:

  1. Mmm, pancakes! Thank you Kelly and Summer. I love the sound of this set Summer, congratulations; Wonderful and intense excerpt.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz :) I think the book sounds great too!

      Delete
  2. Sorry Summer, somehow I deleted your social media links when I added the buy link ... maybe you can add them here in the comments? Congrats on your release!

    ReplyDelete